6.26.2006

Whirlwind of a day

I got to church and they inform me that the power is out. What does that mean? No piano (keyboard) or organ. Just me and the guitars. It was scary 'specially since I had never heard these songs before.

CYO dinner and a movie was cancelled. Cahallan said we can't have a movie night when there is no power. I see his point, however, I was hungry and smelled pizza. He said he had already bought the food and was planning on freezing it but I could take some if I wanted to. I did. I took 3 pieces and felt a little bad about it but he said I should take a whole box and eat it, he wouldn't care.

After dropping Elizabeth off at her house (1st time she even came to dinner and a movie and it was cancelled!), I headed home.

I was home and ate two of my 3 pieces when my phone rang. It was my daddy. They had been in a wreck.

I drove out to the farmville Baptist church to see what I could do. Daddy loaded up all his stuff in my car and told me to take Codi home while he rode to the hospital in the ambulance with my mom (who, upon my arriving, was being taken out of the car on a stretcher).

After we got home (codi and I)- wait, let me first say that driving home was hard. I kept thinking I too was going to wreck, the fog was incredibly thick, and Codi was wailing in the backseat. I am a good big sis though; I know how to make Codi feel better. I let her pick out ANY movie she wanted to watch and gave her my last piece of pizza (good thing I got three, eh?). Guess which movie she picked? Yep. Harry Potter.... again.

Anyway, I ended up driving to the hospital at 10 o'clock (latest I have been out at night I might add) to pick up my mom and dad. Both are fine. My mom had some xrays taken and was given a prescription for something, but both are fine.

scary how things can happen, isn't it?

0 comments: