11.10.2007

I got pulled over....

I got pulled over....by the Mall Cops! I was at Codi's soccer tournament and we went to the mall after dinner. The youngster's were hanging out in Build-a-bear trying quite disparately to convince their parents that they needed a twenty dollar teddy-bear. The room was packed with children in soccer jerseys, just imagine the sweaty stuffiness. I had to get out. I was just strolling through the mall and an old mall cop goes
"Ah-hem!"
I turned.
"HOW OLD ARE YOU?"
I wasn't sure if he was mad/angry or just hard-of-hearing.
"I'm 18."
"Well... YOU LOOK LIKE YOU 15. SHOW ME YOUR ID!"
And no, that line does not have a typo. He really said "You look like you 15."
So I get my ID out and hand it to him.
He studies it for a min....
....
taps it...
and says...
"YOU KNOW DARLIN' I REALLY BELIEVED YOU. I JUST DOIN' MY JOB..."

hmmm... I do not think he really believed me... how about you?

0 comments: