Dorm life is fantastic.
In the summer, the air conditioning made the room freezing cold.
Now, in the start of winter, the room is like a sauna.
Why does it have to be extremes? Either frigidly cold or extremely hot? No, I'm not joking. This is no figment of my imagination. When others visit, they want to know what is wrong with our room. I don't know. Ashley doesn't know. We've opened the box and moved the switch dial in every position. No change. No matter what we set it on, it continues to blow!
Over a group dinner, I finally vent my frustration to my across the hall buddy Rachel. You see, its hot. We have all the windows open and fans blazing. She innocently asks, "Why don't you just turn it off?" Ha. Like we haven't tried that. She says not to worry, she'll come by later and turn it off for us. I promise her brownies if she can pull it off.
Later that night, Rachel knocks on our door. She rushes in and goes to the unit. I tell her that the switch is on the other side where the flap opens. She laughs while smacking the other side. It opened! Inside was a dial reading "high-medium-low-off." She clicked it to off. OMG! Apparently it had been on "high" for four months! We didn't have to of suffered the shivering or sweat the heat!
I gave her brownies.
-----------------------------
If you don't get the title, there is a Friends episode when Rachel and Monica suffer through heat because their radiator is broken and they can't turn it off. Joey comes in and asks "Why don't you turn it off?" He then proceeds to turn it off via a button on the bottom. My roomie and I watch Friends whilst we study and, when this one can on, it hit rather close to home! (episode 9 of season 2)
11.20.2008
The One Where Life is Awfully Similar to a Friends Episode
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
HAHAHA!!!! I totally remember this! It was hysterical to say the least :)
Post a Comment