5.07.2009

I'm feeling a bit drowsy...

from my road trip to Columbus to see the Drowsy Chaperone with Elizabeth. I can't believe I was able to talk her into going, mainly since tickets were not guaranteed. We rushed the show, and, to keep you out of suspense, I'll tell you upfront that we got tickets (dead-center 2nd row balcony!). For those who don't know, in order to get to the theatre in Columbus you have to drive through their projects. After parking our car, Elizabeth looked around and said, "Wouldn't it be funny if your car wasn't here when we got back?" No Elizabeth! That would not be funny at all! "Don't worry," she continued, "if that happened we could just call my brother. He's a cop in Columbus, so he could fill out the report and get us back to Auburn. That's killing two birds with one stone!" Glad to know she's got a plan. Anywho, we got there pretty early (we were rushing the show after all) and spent some time exploring the little streets around the theatre and lazying down the Columbus river walk. After grabbing some pizza in a local dive, we went back to the River Center to see the show. The Drowsy Chaperone was amazingly funny; I highly recommend that you go see it- it is one of my favorite shows! After the show, we headed to Krispy Kreme, keeping our fingers crossed that the "hot now!" sign was on. It was- Yay! We enjoyed far more donuts than we should have, but hey, they're delicious!

0 comments: