2.12.2010

It's a Drowsy, Snowy Line

So I had my doubts about this week. Why? It was supposed to include my first major stat test. Did you catch the supposed? Good for you! Let me back up a bit. In November, I convinced five of my buddies that we should go see this musical-within-a-comedy The Drowsy Chaperone. I bought us tickets hoping that I would have nothing else going on that week. First week of school I find out that two test would be that week and two would be the week before. No big deal. I could celebrate this as the halfway point. I got through french and accounting no problem, and then business law was pushed back a week. This week was going to be doable.

Monday: The Drowsy Chaperone
Let me preface this by saying that The Drowsy Chaperone is one of my favorite plays ever and that this would be my second time seeing it. This time I had managed to drag along 5 others, who all ended up loving it (one even said it was the best play she had ever seen)! And now for my review: "I know it’s not a perfect show. The spit take scene is lame, and the monkey motif is labored, but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry in your head.” What more could one want for an evening's entertainment? Elizabeth Pawlowski was a vocal standout as Janet and Craig Treubert was a perfect Man in Chair. This tour was even better the second time around. Highly recommended. If it ever comes near you: Go see this show! You will have a marvelous time- je promets!

Tuesday: A Chorus Line
Not having had my fill of Broadway musicals for the week, I decided to try to rush A Chorus Line, which was playing in Columbus, Ga. Here's how I tried to sell the trip to people: "Do you like Krispy Kreme? Want to go on a Krispy Kreme run? Good! Now it's about an hour away and we can try to rush a show while we're there. We might not get tickets, but that's ok since this trip is really just a Krispy Kreme run." See that? I make sure to cover up that we might not get in to the show, which is, of course, the real reason of why we took a road trip. Allison ends up coming with me and rush was a success- not only did we get seats, we got really good seats! Review: Those kids were extremely gifted dancers! Loved the mirrors and lighting. Kristen Martin stole the show with Dance: Ten; Looks: Three (which, sidebar, has been stuck in my head all week and is a song that I, despite my ability, would never be cast to sing).

Friday: Snow in Dixie
Yes. It is snowing now as I write this. We seem to get it once a year and today is the today. Of course, today was also the day of the stat test that I had studied for all Wednesday and Thursday, so I'm a bit upset that it isn't over with for the weekend and that I have to keep reviewing it. Oh well. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

0 comments: