We'll keep the showers away...
This morning it poured. Not sprinkled. Not rained. Poured. I woke up early to the storm's sounds and it made me worry. You see, today was supposed to be gorgeous. I needed it to be for we had planned to meet up with Jennifer and her family at Centennial Park. I was really looking forward to it and didn't want something like the weather to keep it from happening (I was excited because I hadn't seen them in quite a while!). Luckily, a little before noon, the clouds dried their tears and the sky began to open up. YAY! We went into town for lunch and then headed to the park. Before they got there, Daddy played photographer and got a lot of pictures in the garden. He scouted out good places for photos and had us pose. (It was very cute! :) ) Then they showed up and man, had those kids grown up! They were so much bigger than before but still equally as adorable. This reunion was also the first time I got to meet the youngest: Baby Mackenzie. (We got some great pictures of her plopped down in a bed of tulips!) The park also has an old train. Now it was my turn to orchestrate a shot. I asked my mother to lay down on the railroad tracks in front of the train like a typical damsel in distress (which she was not to pleased to do) and I asked my father to pose like he was trying to rescue her (which he was more than willingly to play along with!). We all then journeyed to the pond to feed the ducks (side note: on the way there we were passed by a group of fancy dressed girls and boys done up like pirates! Not sure what that was for though...). I stole Baby Mackenzie from daddy to play with her as we made our way to the Pantheon. Codi tried for some jump shots, and I think mommy was able to get a really good one! We sat at the playground for a bit chatting before having some surprise birthday cupcakes (April birthdays= Mommy, Lindsey, and Ashlee). Then it was time to split. We head towards the riverfront to explore the streets of downtown Nashville and took in a lovely dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory (which I highly recommend. The food was great and the atmosphere was even better! The inside of the restaurant was so pretty!). All in all, what started out as a morning with little promise (concerning spending the whole day outdoors) turned into a wonderful day.
Come tiptoe through the tulips with me!

0 comments:
Post a Comment