5.29.2011

Sunday in the Park (with no George)

On Sunday, I woke up and traveled to St. Patrick's for mass. The priest was really funny and the cathedral is just so beautiful, so I'll probably be heading back there again! Afterwards, I decided to spend the day exploring Central Park. I walked a great deal and probably didn't even see half of it! (Church is at 51st, after zigzagging back and forth for hours, I went to check what street I was on and it was 96th--then I had to walk all the way back across the park to catch a subway!) I did make it to the fountain that I was looking for and got to watch an acrobatics show there while I ate my picnic lunch! When I finally got back home, I noticed that our street was having a street fair, so even though my feet were really tired, I walked all the way up and down the fair! (Sadly, this was the first day I forgot to wear my mileage counter, but I have no doubt that it was at least 10 miles!)

0 comments: