7.06.2011
Royal Shakespeare Dress Rehearsal for As You Like It
Today, I went to the dress rehearsal of As You Like It by the RSC. Unlike Romeo & Juliet, this was more of a true dress/tech rehearsal. Romeo & Juliet had a full, ticketed house and ran as if it were being presented to a real audience, whereas As You Like It only had a handful of employees watching from the mezzanine and was working on lighting cues throughout. Personally, I liked the more dress rehearsal kind of feel--it makes me feel like I am a part of the backstage, behind the scenes magic. As for the story, I've never read it or seen it before. Being as it was Shakespeare, this has the potential to cause problems, but it wasn't that bad. I followed nicely, and the actors were, of course, superb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment