yes, I know that school is normally an ordeal, but today was more so than usual. As most people know, tornadoes love alabama. School officals do not and make you sit in the hall for a loooooooooooong time. The tornadoe sirens are located on the school flag pole (for the county). Imagine how loud it would be (it was made to be heard all over during a tornado!)... We stayed out in the hall until 2:40 (went out at 2). They announced marching band was cancelled. To quote Ashley, "YEEEESSS! FOR ME!" Then they annouced the storm had passed and another was on the way, so school would be let out early. Another YES! FOR ME! They let us out a whole 10 min early... wow. I got on my bus, very happy without band and the promise of returning to my comfy bed early, only to have my dream squashed by that darn siren again. I was sad... *tear. They made us get out of our buses and in certain clique words "Run for cover!".... We had to wait inside... again... for a long time. All in all, I got home 28 mins later than I normally do... but that means it was actually a 38 min hide-in-building as we were left out 10 min early. Now I'm home. YAY! That darn siren keeps going off... I hope a real tornado doesn't come that would scare the pants off of me.... well, shorts actaully as I changed out of my jeans... TTYL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment