I had an extra pie crust, so let's try another pie! This time I went for a Tollhouse pie. According to the recipe, "
the sweet, creamy richness of a brown sugar base makes this chocolate chip pie a perfect foil for chopped nuts and whipped or ice cream." It did have a creamy, rich, sugary base. But as for perfect foil? I dunno. Don't get me wrong! Everyone who tried a piece loved it. Personally, I don't care for nuts. If I made it again, I'd probably leave the nuts out and then the chocolaty-ness of the pie would be perfect with some vanilla ice-cream!
Recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 9 inch deep dish crust pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the flour, white sugar and brown sugar; beat until well blended. Blend in the melted butter. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into one unbaked 9 inch pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
0 comments:
Post a Comment