8.08.2010

Everyday's a Holiday...



at Holiday World that is. Holiday World is a small theme park located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Yes, the town is actually named Santa Claus. And, while that may seem silly, I think it is actually a brilliant marketing move. How so, you ask? Well, I did drive three hours to a small Indiana town that is, quite literally, in the middle of nowhere, and so did several other people. According to Santa Claus himself, (yes, I discussed the nature of his town with him upon running into him at a Christmas store in town), this weekend could be record breaking (last weekend was recording break with an estimated 24,000 people in the park). All those people came here, to a Christmas themed town with a holiday themed theme park all because someone named the town Santa Claus several years ago. Again, brilliant move. As for the park itself? Fine. Maybe best described as a step below Disney and step above Lake Winnepesaukah. The best thing about the park is that it has a water park inside it, which I could have stayed in the whole time (didn't though, wanted to explore the whole park on the first trip-plus it was very, and I repeat, very crowded). We had a great time at the park, and, if you ever find yourself in Santa Claus, Indiana, it is worth a visit (and, if you do, you should go to Santa's Candy Castle and try a frozen hot chocolate- it was delish!)!

0 comments: