8.28.2010

Kelly Bell Band

Third day equals Kelly Bell Band concert. This was a very varied day of work and I loved it! The band played two concerts (12 and 6) with a cookout in between. In the morning, I was on green room duty. Basically, I hung out in the green room and made sure the band had everything they needed and helped them get to where they needed to be when they needed to be there (I'm referring to the sound check, during which I actually had a long conversation about Broadway with the lady left in the green room. Man, I can discuss Broadway like most boys do sports!). After the first concert started, I helped set up for the cookout. At the cookout, I played bouncer at the entrance (like I did for the AU suites--Why I was the bouncer for drunk people trying to sneak into the suites at football games is beyond me, but hey, I got some stories from it, eh? Side note, I know, but no worries. No one tried to crash this party). During the second concert, I helped clean up the cookout (I was one of the magicians who made all the tables and chairs disappear between the show--poof!). All week we were excited about one song in particular (we had their set list in order to set lights and for this song it was yellow floor, like sand, blue top, like water, and bubbles on the side walls)... I knew it was down the set list and hoped to make it into the theatre to see it. I walked backstage, sat in the wings, and heard the prep being given for the next song. Sure enough, I had made it just in time for, drum-roll please, Sponge Bob! But Kerri, this was a blues concert right? Nah, it was a "Phat Blues" concert! They played a pretty good mix of stuff and sounded great. After the show (I saw, hmm, maybe the last third?), the band went out to mingle with the audience and to sign cds (they were also sweet enough to sign posters for all of the crew-- see mine in the photo above!). After helping them pack, carry, and load their stuff, it was time to call it a night. Guess I've got my first concert under my belt!

0 comments: